RPAQ Practical Drone Mapping and Surveying Course
1 day practical and processing course
Drone Mapping and Surveying Course
Why do I need this course?:
If you are wanting to use your drone for mapping, then this course covers the practical operations and post processing of your images using free software.
How long is the course?
The course runs from 8.30am to 4.30pm on one day.
This enables you to complete the practical mapping and upload the images for processing over night before the second day.
When does the course run?
During the weeks of our RePL training in your location, or on custom dates for groups.
What do I need or to bring to attend this course?:
- A minimum of 5 hours flying experience
- Your Sub 2kg or sub 7kg drone, compatible with Pix4Dcapture and ODM (all free software)
- Sufficent charged batteries for 4 flights.
- Your mobile device (Android or iOS) compatible as a screen for your drone and able to run the drones software and Pix4Dcapture.
- Pix4Dcapture downloaded and installed on your mobile device (screen).
What is covered in this course?:
- Setting up your drone for optimum mapping
- Camera Settings
- Manual vs Auto settings
- Camera Functions for varying conditions
- Lenses and Filters
- Histogram, grids and centre points
- White Balance
- Image formats
- Pix4DCapture vs DroneDeploy and ODM overview
- Practical Mapping in the field using Pix4Dcapure / Drone Deploy.
- Post processing and 2D / 3D outputs using ODM
What are the outcomes?:
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Experience in Planning, Flying and Processing Mapping Missions
- Post course student support on Q&A basis
|Contact For Pricing||No|
The Wicked Copters courses are scheduled to run either during the weeks listed, or on demand for all other areas in Australia:
- iBEV 2019 - Australia Wide RePL Venues
- We come to you!
- Anywhere in Australia! (Major cities or rural towns)
- Course dates are based on demand
- Course prices are based on student numbers / group discounts
- 24 Jun
- Brisbane 2019
- 24 Jun
- 01 Jul
- 08 Jul
- 22 Jul
- 05 Aug
- 19 Aug
- 12 Aug
- 29 Jul
- 26 Aug
- 9 July
- Date changes up to 10 business days beforehand incur no costs and alternate dates may be selected
- Date changes within 10 business days of booked course will incur administrative costs and any committed venue / travel fees
- No shows on the day will be not be eligible for an alternate date or any refund.