Drone Night Photography Course
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Improved skillset in taking Night Drone Footage
- Post course student support on Q&A basis
Drone Night Photography Course
Why do I need this course?:
With clients becoming more demanding of high quality imagery from drones in all photo shoots these days and nights, the importance of getting the footage right first time, every time is critical to keep your client and get paid for the job. It is no longer sufficient to just pop the drone up and get a shot or video for wow factor, without using honed skills or waypoints such as zip lines and points of interests, to name a few. You also need to be able to provide post processing if you want a bigger slice of the action and have control over the results of your imagery.
How long is the course?
The course runs from 4.00pm to 9.00pm one evening, and 9am to 12pm the next morning.
This enables us to cover ReOC procedures / induction, test flight, theory, practical photography and post processing.
When does the course run?
During the weeks of our RePL training in Brisbane West, or on custom dates for groups.
What do I need or to bring to attend this course?:
- A valid RePL sub 7kg or sub 25kg RePL with AROC and a logbook reflecting valid recency
- Your ReOC with approved night flying procedures
- Your Sub 2kg or sub 7kg drone with Aperture control
- Sufficent charged batteries for 4 flights
- Your mobile device (Android or iOS) compatible as a screen for your drone and able to run the drones software
What is covered in this course?:
- Night flying requirements
- Photography basics
- Manual vs Auto settings
- Aperture and Shutter requirements for night photography
- Camera Functions for varying conditions
- Lenses and Filters
- Histogram, grids and centre points
- White Balance
- Peaking Levels
- Image and Video formats and setting
- Includes video, images and panoramas
- D-Log vs Color Grade
- Use of FPV Googles for photographic purposes as the photographer
- Practical Photography in the field using manual control, FPV Goggles
- Post processing (we choose the best stills and video from the students to demonstrate) using Lightroom and Premiere Pro:
- Brush Tool
- Lens Corrections
- Use of LuTs
- Color grading
- Video compilation
- Panorama stitching
|Course Type||Advanced Training|
|Weight Category||Multi Rotor - 07kg|
Our wickedcopters.edu.au website has detailed look ahead course dates, venues and options.
From 10 April, our new MoS CASA courses will run as per our wickedcopters.edu.au website
Between now and 9 April 2020, we are running courses the following venues, with dates on demand to try beat the new MoS deadline of 9 April.
- 17 Feb (Corporate)
- 24 Feb (Corporate)
- 2 Mar (Corporate)
- 9 Mar
- 23 Mar (Corporate)
- 16 Mar (Corporate)
- 6 Apr
- 24 Feb
- 02 Mar
- 09 Mar
- 16 Mar
- 30 Mar to 8 Apr
- Repl Runout Final Closeouts
- Current open book RePL courses will terminate on the 9 April 2019, allowing us to submit all successful applications to CASA prior to 10 April 2020.
- New Part 101 MOS closed book RePL courses will be conducted from the 10th April 2020 onwards.