Drone Photography, FPV and Waypoint Course
Learn Camera, Goggles and Practical Waypoint Skills
Drone Photography and Waypoint Course
Why do I need this course?:
With clients becoming more demanding of high quality imagery from drones in all photo shoots these days, the importance of getting the footage right first time, every time is critical to keep your client and get paid for the job. It is no longer sufficient to just pop the drone up and get a shot or video for wow factor, without using honed skills or waypoints such as zip lines and points of interests, to name a few. You also need to be able to provide post processing if you want a bigger slice of the action and have control over the results of your imagery.
How long is the course?
The course runs from 9.00am to 3.00pm for one day.
This enables us to do theory, practical photography and post processing.
When does the course run?
During the weeks of our RePL training in your location, or on custom dates for groups.
What do I need or to bring to attend this course?:
- A minimum of 5 hours flying experience
- Your Sub 2kg or sub 7kg drone, compatible with Litchi
- Sufficent charged batteries for 4 flights
- Your mobile device (Android or iOS) compatible as a screen for your drone and able to run the drones software and Litchi
- Litchi downloaded and installed on your mobile device (screen).
What is covered in this course?:
- Photography basics
- Manual vs Auto settings
- Camera Functions for varying conditions
- Lenses and Filters
- Histogram, grids and centre points
- White Balance
- Peaking Levels
- Image and Video formats and settings
- D-Log vs Color Grade
- Use of FPV Googles for photographic purposes as the photographer
- Litchi overview
- Practical Photography in the field using manual control, FPV Goggles and Litchi waypoints
- Post processing (we choose the best stills and video from the students to demonstrate) using Lightroom and Premiere Pro:
- Brush Tool
- Lens Corrections
- Use of LuTs
- Color grading
- Video compilation
What are the outcomes?:
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Experience in taking Drone Footage and waypoint execution
- Post course student support on Q&A basis
|Course Type||Advanced Training|
The Wicked Copters courses are scheduled to run either during the weeks listed, or on demand for all other areas in Australia:
- iBEV 2019 - Australia Wide RePL Venues
- We come to you!
- Anywhere in Australia! (Major cities or rural towns)
- Course dates are based on demand
- Course prices are based on student numbers / group discounts
- 09 Sep
- 19 Aug
- 02 Sep
- 16 Sep
- 30 Sep
- 12 Aug
- 26 Aug
- 02 Sep
- 30 Sep
- 19 Aug
- 01 Oct
- Date changes up to 10 business days beforehand incur no costs and alternate dates may be selected
- Date changes within 10 business days of booked course will incur administrative costs and any committed venue / travel fees
- No shows on the day will be not be eligible for an alternate date or any refund.