Drone Maintenance Course - Multi Rotor
Two Day Intensive Course Outcomes:
- you will build, program, troubleshoot and fly your multi rotor. You get to keep your drone after the course.
- includes building in a camera and programming FPV goggles. You get to keep the camera and DJI Goggles RE too.
- basic RPA theory modules on components, batteries, remotes.
- updating and maintaining checklists and logbooks for ReOC compliance.
- certificate of achievement
The Drone / RPA Multi Rotor course is designed to give you the in depth knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing multi rotor drones, and how to be compliant as the Maintenance Controller for your ReOC.
Whether you are new to drones or a ReOC maintenance controller, this course will give you the skills needed to troubleshoot, build, repair, programme / setup and meet compliance.
- Theory overview
- Remote Pilot Station
- Energy Source
- Legislation (maintenance controller, logs and records)
- Situational Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Practical overview:
- Tools needed for your drone repair / builds
- Manual and soldering skills
- Strip / identify components / troubleshoot
- Assemble / program / setup flight controllers (DJI / Pixhawk)
- Whats in your kit box (open and identify components)
- Assemble your drone including progress testing
- Calculate battery charge rates and charge batteries
- Set up your remote and bind.
- Program your drone / flight controller and remote.
- Setup and bind your DJI Goggles RE.
- Complete your maintenance logs and checklists for your new drone.
- Final bench testing
- Test fly the drone.
- Receive Certificate of Completion
The course is a two day intensive course, including assembly, soldering and programming.
Keep up to date with the latest CASA regulations regarding safe drone use here: https://www.casa.gov.au/knowyourdrone
|Course Type||Advanced Training|
|Weight Category||Multi Rotor - 07kg|
Our wickedcopters.edu.au website has detailed six month look ahead course dates, venues and options.
From 10 April, our new MoS CASA courses will only run as per our wickedcopters.edu.au website
Between now and 9 April 2020, we are running courses at all our venues, with dates on demand to try meet the deadline around the corner.
- 27 Jan (Full)
- 03 Feb (Full)
- 10 Feb (Full)
- 17 Feb
- 24 Feb
- 02 Mar
- 09 Mar
- 16 Mar
- 30 Mar
- 06 Apr
- New MOS RePL
- 15 Apr
- 28 Apr
- All other venues and dates are available at wickedcopters.edu.au website
- Current open book RePL courses will terminate on the 9 April 2019, allowing us to submit all successful applications to CASA prior to 10 April 2020.
- New Part 101 MOS closed book RePL courses will be conducted from the 10th April 2020 onwards.