With the new part101 MOS (2.03(1)), all RePL drone licence holders will require a ELP for their current or future licence to be valid. If you wish to operate a drone in RA3 restricted areas, near uncontrolled airports or within 3nm of towered airports (with approvals), then you will require an AROC as well.
The ELP is a measure of someone’s ability to communicate in English using an aviation-relevant assessment process. Either the GELP6 or AELP6 is acceptable for the RePL drone licence, but for manned aviation, the AELP6 is required for solo flights.
People who use aeronautical radios need to be able to communicate effectively in voice only (for radio), as well as in face-to-face situations like pre-flight briefings, training and interacting with other crew members. From a safety perspective, this communication needs to be in the language that is used locally by pilots and air traffic service providers.
An aviation ELP assessment is by way of documentary evidence as the CASA preferred option, or involves a candidate being tested on their ability to communicate in English in the aviation environment, where safety is paramount. The oral assessment involves two-way communications between the assessor and the candidate, and covers:
- grammatical structures and sentence patterns
- interactions while communicating.
Once you have supplied your certified documents, or been tested, your assessor will submit a report to CASA and your flight crew licensing records will be updated. Your ELP assessment record will be printed in the Conditions/Licence Remarks section of your flight crew licence document / AROC.
The Wicked Copters courses are scheduled to run either during the weeks listed, or on demand for all other areas in Australia:
- iBEV 2019 - Australia Wide RePL Venues
- We come to you!
- Anywhere in Australia! (Major cities or rural towns)
- Course dates are based on demand
- Course prices are based on student numbers / group discounts
- 19 Aug
- 02 Sep
- 16 Sep
- 30 Sep
- Date changes up to 10 business days beforehand incur no costs and alternate dates may be selected
- Date changes within 10 business days of booked course will incur administrative costs and any committed venue / travel fees
- No shows on the day will be not be eligible for an alternate date or any refund.